First Baptist Church Goodlettsville began August 1, 1903 under the name of Goodlettsville Baptist Church. We had our first baptism service in 1904 in Mansker Creek. In 1939, the church was ready for a new building. A lot on Myers Street was given by J.C. Garrett, Sr. and through the sacrificial giving of money and labor, the building was completed in 1941. In 1957, we officially became First Baptist of Goodlettsville. Soon, the church had grown to need a new building. In 1963, we bought a plot on Dickerson Road. The cornerstone to the building was laid in September of 1967 and the first worship service was held on February 4, 1968. While it has seen a few make-overs since ’68, the sanctuary built then is still used for worship services today. In 1993, we built our Family Life Center to better serve the needs of our church and community. Recently, our sanctuary and children’s and preschool areas have undergone a renovation. We are excited to see where God leads us next!